Friday, July 8, 2011

Ten Things to Know About Me!

Inspired by another blogging teacher, Go 4th With Mrs. Owens, I am making a list of ten things to know about me. What a great way for students to get to know their teacher, and of course and even better, what a great way for teachers to get to know their students! Here's my list:

10. I love reality TV shows - give me The Real Housewives of (insert any) County over 60 Minutes any day!
9. My favorite place to shop is Target. Where else can you buy peanut butter, a cute dress, cilantro, and a pretty binder, all in the span of 15 minutes?
8. You would never guess this about me, but I love NASCAR. My husband and I have been to the Daytona 500, the Coke Zero 400, and we are looking forward to going to Homestead in November for the last race of the season! Go #99!!!
7. Although ice cream in most any flavor is great, mint chocolate chip has been my all time fave since I was a little kid.
6. I am a very picky eater, although I have gotten better as I've gotten older! But...I still order my cheeseburgers PLAIN!
5. I am an only child. However, I like to think that I have learned to share by now!
4. In the 11 years that I have been a teacher, I have always taught third graders! It's such a fabulous grade to teach!
3. I am interested in taking photographs, making my house and classroom pretty, and creating organizational systems.
2. My favorite place to be is on a beach (Pass-a-Grille, preferably) with a book.
1. My family means the world to me - my husband (Greg) is the best, and my two kids (Ben and Eva) are adorable and funny and I love them very much!

7 comments:

  1. There is nothing better or more relaxing than the beach and a good book. :-)

    misst4th.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I eat plain cheeseburgers too! Thanks for joining in my linky party!

    Rachel
    Go Fourth! With Mrs. Owens

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart the beach too! Would love to move to Cali one day! I am a new follower thanks to the linky party! Stop by my blog, follow me & find out about my 200 follower giveaway :o)
    Peace, Mel D
    Oh the Places We’ll Go

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I found another 3rd grade blog! I put you on my Sqworl list!! http://sqworl.com/zgdzaj
    Julie
    Thoughts of a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I am new to 3rd grade and I am excited to have found veteran 3rd grade teachers to learn from. Thank you for your willingness to share. I am trying to open your documents, but they are not opening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Anonymous...I hope you come back! I re-uploaded my Teacher Resources using Scribd. Hopefully, that does the trick. Please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sadly, I am a reality show junkie too!! :)

    Amber
    http://thirdgradeshenanigans.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete